Inhabited as of 5-07
Lefor, ND is a very small town in the southwestern part of the state, about 20 miles southeast of Dickinson. Founded in 1890 and named for the first postmaster, a German Hungarian named Adam Lefor, it reached a peak population of 224 in 1930.
Lefor has also been known by the names Schnellreich and Saint Elizabeth.
Contemporary Lefor is now home to a couple dozen residents and many abandoned structures. Several friendly townspeople came out to chat during our visit to Lefor.
CLICK PHOTOS TO ENLARGE
Photos by Troy and Rat
All content copyright SonicTremorMedia.com