This photo of the former Wheelock Public School was contributed by John Piepkorn. Wheelock was reportedly a town of 115 in 1938, but it dwindled with the railroad and disincorporated in 1994. The area was more recently reinhabited due to the oil boom, but with the downturn in oil prices, we don’t know the present situation.
Photo by John Piepkorn. Original content copyright © 2009 Sonic Tremor Media