10-barber-rear

More Views of Marmarth

Click Images to Enlarge

All photos by Troy and Rat
All content copyright SonicTremorMedia.com

Comments
9 Responses to “More Views of Marmarth”
  1. Gary Arnold says:

Marmouth is a wonderful town today a sad, poignant reminder of the promises it once whispered to those who came there.

I love this southwestern town.

2. Lory says:

Not a vacant Walmart to be seen.

3. Dave Moore says:

what was the purpose of the large building?

4. salutz says:

I lived in Marmarth, N.D. several years ago. My father was a railroad engineer and my mother was a Flor family member- Evelyn (Flor) Culp. Most of our Flor family members are now gone, but I can remember how much fun it was to be living in Marmarth and being so close to all of our Flor cousins. Marmarth was a great place to live for the few short years that I had lived there. We left Marmarth in the summer of ’48 and I graduated from Mobridge High School with the class of ’52. If anyone whom I might know, reads this, then by all means send an e-mail to me and let me know if you remember me. My e-mail address is salutz@westriv.com. and of course my name is Shirley Ann (Culp) Lutz

5. David Richie says:

My Mom lived in Marmarth as a child.

• Avie says:

Hi I am doing genealogy research for Marmarth. My grandfather lived in Marmarth from 1908ti1915 when he left to go to Illinos. Trying to find if anyone might have known him. His name is Leonard Moomeyy and his wife was grace His son Wesley was my father. All help is appreciated. My email is avie52@aol.com

Avie

6. Karen says:

I am originally from the northeastern corner of ND (Osnabrock) but pass through the southeast area from Montana to Mott, ND, regularly. I think the next time I do, I will look up Marmarth. So sad to see a town slowly disappear like this one is doing.

7. Dan says:

I was married in Marmarth in 2012.

Might have been the biggest event in town for a few years.

8. Avie says:

Looking for Leonard Moomey and family from Marmarth from 1908 to 1915. this s my grandparents. Please email me at bluesky899@aol.com