bordulac1

Bordulac, ND

Foster County

Thank you to Dustin Person and Durton Koble for contributing these photos of Bordulac. Dustin’s comments: I was really surprised by this town as well, the population is around 15-20, and the elevator and bar & grill are the only businesses in town. The white building was the Bordulac Hall. The reddish building was the Carrington train station I believe, and it must have been moved the 9 miles to Bordulac.

CLICK IMAGES TO ENLARGE

Click Here to see our photo of Bordulac Bank, taken in 2005.

Copyright SonicTremorMedia.com

Comments
14 Responses to “Bordulac, ND”
  1. Diane Smith says:

When are you going to go places in Eastern ND

2. David Pence says:

I once calculated, by measuring on a map, that Bordulac was the most centrally located town in the state between Fargo, Bismarck, Minot and Grand Forks. If you lived there you could visit all those cities (for cultural events, for example) with approximately the same amount of traveling time and distance. Doesn’t help if you factor in Dickinson and Williston however.

3. Donna says:

I lived three miles south of Bordulac for 16 years. Went to first and second grade in Bordulac. I remember a store ran by a man named Percie and there was a post office right in the mail carriers house who’s name was Homer. We have family film of roller skating and dances at the city hall and even a donkey baseball game from the 50′s.

• Ron says:

Homer Grove was the rural carrier, lived next to the school teacherage, were I lived. But the post office was in Harry and Grace Furgesons house. Bordulac has many fond memories for me also lived in town from about 1965 to 67 and at Doeling Dairy from 67 to 1971. Maybe it was where you say before I moved there.

4. Joyce Erickson says:

These are pictures of the Richard Erickson home in Bordulac and some of his vehicle collection.

5. morgan says:

One of the pictures of the train station is now gone. They tore it down because they found dead bodies in it!!

6. ashly says:

the bordulac court house is still used but its used very rarely because people like the Carrington court house better.

7. soolineguy says:

I was in Bordulac today and I can assure everyone that the old Carrington Depot is still standing and is in about the same condition as in the pics above.

8. Jim Mack says:

I believe it was Percie Legg (maybe spelled wrong) that ran the store. I think that Ted and Rose Kollman also ran it after Percie. Mabel’s Bar was a short distance East of the old bank if my memory serves me correctly.

Jim

• Donna says:

Yes, Percie ran the store but I was to young to ever know his last name tell now. My friend and I would play in his wife’s flower garden.That was way back in the early 60′s.

9. lynn wenstrom says:

jim ya your right i lived at miller spur as a kid. my dad was merle and mom was carrie,they were friends of your folks. iseem to remember you and i being in mabels havin pop of course.

10. Jim Mack says:

Lynn, I certainly do remember you and both of your parents very well. I also remember very well and am sure you do to!! That is the day Miller Spur Elevator burned down. I recall that we were on our way to Carrington and my Dad saw the fire from the road as we were driving. What year would that have been?