balfour1

Balfour in Winter

McHenry County

Ria Cabral sent a few winter shots of Balfour. See more of her work at http://riacabralphotography.blogspot.com

To see photos from our trip to Balfour, click here.

CLICK PHOTOS TO ENLARGE

Copyright Sonic Tremor Media LLC

Comments
8 Responses to “Balfour in Winter”
  1. My home town , I grew up on a farm near Balfour and graduated from Balfour High in1959. Those were wonderful times

2. Connie Schatz Sundby says:

So loved these pictures from Balfour….my hometown which I graduated from in 1973…the picture of the church is where I was confirmed….thank you…..

3. Gene Reieson says:

Remember Martin Evenrud

4. Rick Sjol says:

I lived in Balfour for a short time in the 1950′s. I was pretty young- somewhere between 4-6 yrs old. my dad Wes Sjol worked as a bartender there. I took a picture of the church when i was thee in 2006. the only place i recognized.

5. Lois Simonson Wren says:

My mom grew up in Balfour. Her parents were Inor and Jurgina Ellingson. I guess if any name to be remembered it would be Virgil Ellingson. I think mostly they used Drake!

6. My father, Gordon Westford, had a contract to tear down an old school in McHenry County sometime around 1957 or 1958…It may have been the school pictured in Balfour. Not sure, but we had some of the old wooden desks for many years later.

7. Bill Balfour says:

I am from Unus, WV, another near ghost town. I need to visit someday.

8. Carol Chole Nibbe says:

Balfour has so many memories for me. School days in the late 1950′s were so much fun. We had good basketball teams and went to lots of games. Remember how we “young” kids used to congregate at Ulrich’s or Strube’s house (summertime) and from there play cops and robbers on our bikes or some other game or just sit and talk. Remember Weidler’s CafĂ© and working there for Alice – where has the time gone? Hello everyone from Balfour, remember your roots. :)