Wellsburg is a small town in Wells County, both of which are named for the Edward P. Wells, a former legislator. It was founded in 1910 and harbored a population of 150 in 1920. According to Douglas Wick’s North Dakota Place Names, the population had dropped to 14 by by 1981. Scenic Dakotas has a Wellsburg gallery too.
These photos were contributed by R. David Adams. His captions are included below.
Photos by R. David Adams
Original content copyright Sonic Tremor Media LLC