This is Olga, North Dakota, a near-ghost town in northern North Dakota — the oldest settlement in Cavalier County having been established in 1882 as St. Pierre. Olga once had nearly 100 residents but underwent a slow decline over several decades. Today, Our Lady of the Sacred Heart church is the most impressive local landmark. These shots were captured by Terry in 2006.
Photos by Terry Hinnenkamp, copyright Sonic Tremor Media LLC
Author: Troy Larson
Troy Larson is an author, photographer, gentleman adventurer (debatable) from Fargo, North Dakota, and co-founder of Ghosts of North Dakota.