Vacant School Building
Backoo, ND was founded in 1887 along the Great Northern railroad line about five miles northwest of Cavalier, however little development occurred and the population never exceeded fifty. The post office in Backoo operated from September 26th, 1887 until October 11th, 1988. This schoolhouse now sits among a loose cluster of farmsteads and rural businesses. It is prominently posted “No Hunting”.
CLICK TO ENLARGE
Photos by Troy Larson and Terry Hinnenkamp, copyright Sonic Tremor Media LLC